Traveling to Zarka Villas via Athens Airport
Our venue at Zarka Villas near Zarakes in Evia, Greece is an easy journey from Athens International Airport. Parking at the Villas is complimentary for your entire stay.
Transportation from Athens International Airport to Zarka Villas
- You can rent your own vehicle. Check online for rates and availability. Remember there is FREE parking at Zarka Villas for your entire stay.
- You can make your own way (via public bus or private taxi) to the port of Ag. Marina (east side of Attica), and from there take the ferry across to the port of Nea Styra on the west side of Evia. From Nea Styra, you can take a taxi directly to Zarka Villas.
- We may offer a charter bus service from Athens International Airport at a fixed time on the first and final days of the retreat at an additional per person cost. If you are interested in this option, please indicate your interest on the reservation form just prior to check out.
Important Notes about Traveling in Evia
- Other than the more metropolitan centres, where credit/debit cards are accepted, other areas of Greece (and particularly Evia) are cash based. This includes petrol stations, tavernas, bars, restaurants and most shops & markets. Cash machines are readily available in the 4 towns mentioned above.
- In the 4 larger towns, English is understood in the majority of shops, restaurants & bars and elsewhere. It may be more difficult to converse in English in the smaller villages.
- Zarka Villas is a “mobile phone” only resort. The Administrative land line is for emergencies only.